- Illustrations should be provided as separate files, NOT embedded in the text file
- Each figure should include a single illustration and fit on a single page in portrait format. If a figure consists of separate parts, it is important that a single composite illustration file be submitted
- There is no charge for the use of colour figures.
The following file formats can be accepted:
- PDF (preferred format for diagrams)
- DOCX/DOC (single page only)
- PPTX/PPT (single slide only)
- PNG (preferred format for photos or images)
- Should be included in the main manuscript text file at the end of the document, rather than being a part of the figure file.
- Provide following information: Figure number (in sequence, using Arabic numerals – i.e. Figure 1, 2, 3 etc); short title of figure (maximum 15 words); detailed legend, up to 300 words.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain permission from the copyright holder to reproduce figures or tables that have previously been published elsewhere.