The Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics is excited to announce a Research & Editorial Fellowship for 2023.
- During the fellowship, the successful candidate will:
- gain a broad understanding of the overall scientific publishing process,
- enhance skills in peer reviewing, editing, and publishing procedures in the orthopaedics research field,
- attend educational sessions on systematic reviews and long-term clinical studies,
- get familiar with the research projects on regenerative medicine and orthopaedics that take place in the visiting institute,
- will shadow the JEO Editor-in-Chief in OR and patients’ examination.
- have the opportunity to observe and (if all requirements are fulfilled) participate in the medical procedures.
- will participate in a rich social program where the fellow will have the chance to meet and network with the orthopaedics research team of the hosting institute.
We would like to welcome you at the
Rizzoli Orthopedics Institute in Bologna,
Italy, where you will have the opportunity to spend one week with me and my team.
Stefano Zaffagnini, JEO Editor-in-Chief
Fellowship grant: 1,500 EUR (cover travel, accommodation, and meals)
The Social Programme and dinners are offered by the Rizzoli Orthopedics Institute.
The grant will be paid directly to the fellow in two instalments; 50% in the beginning and 50% upon completion of the fellowship and submission of the final report.
Duration: 1 working week, from Monday to Friday.
Place: Rizzoli Orthopedics Institute, Bologna, Italy
Date: 11-15 September 2023
• be a certified orthopaedic surgeon in your own country / two final years of residency
• be under 45 years old at the time of applying
• speak fluent English
• be available for the duration of the programme
• have published minimum two manuscripts as co-author
• have been registered/or be willing to register as Reviewer with JEO.
Register as JEO Reviewer here
• submit a written report (free format) at the end of the programme
• not have held this fellowship before
• be/ become a paid ESSKA member
Join ESSKA here
The applicant will be required to complete the JEO conflict of interest disclosure and confidentiality statements and adhere to the journal’s conflict of interest policy.
To be considered for this position, applicants should provide the following:
1. A CV
2. A cover letter detailing your research interests, publication experience and your expectations in applying for the fellowship
3. A letter of recommendation from a department chief or other senior faculty.
Application is open 1 March – 31 May 2023.
Online application is now closed.
The successful candidate will be informed by e-mail mid-June 2023.
For any questions, please contact the JEO Editorial Office at email@example.com